01-04-2019 05:32 AM
Camera is Hero5 Session, firmware v02.51
Phone is iPhone 6S and 7, iPad Air.
Carrier on both is Telia.
GoPro app is version 5.1.1
GoPro customer service sucks. No way to chat because it’s not available for me. No email address where to complain.
01-04-2019 11:51 AM - edited 01-04-2019 11:52 AM
Thank for trying to troubleshoot the issue.
I have just tested a HERO5 Session to pair with an iPhone8 running on iOS 12.1.1. It paired without any issues.
If you haven't already, try resetting the camera's Wi-Fi Settings:
- With your camera off, press the Menu button to turn on the status screen.
- Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to "Connections Settings".
- Press the Shutter button to select "Connections Settings".
- Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to "Reset Connections".
- Press the Shutter button to select "Reset Connections".
- Press the Menu button to navigate to "Yes".
- Press the Shutter button to select "Yes".
- "Wi-fi Reset Successful" will appear on status screen.
Once done, proceed with the pairing process again.
Let us know how it goes.
01-05-2019 04:08 AM
If you already did those and still can't connect it would be best to contact our customer support team.
They can help you with that.
Just make sure that you have a copy of your proof of purchase and serial number.