Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Hero5 Session - Huawei P8 lite 2017

Thank you for the reply.

To answer your question, when I try and connect my camera with the phone, I do the following:

Open the app/ Connect your camera/Hero5 Session...

Then I get to a screen with 3 instrucitons and a CONTINUE button at the bottom.  However, when I select CONTINUE, I see steps 4 & 5 (5 being "select GOPRO APP to see your camera's ID and password), yet no CONTINUE button.  So the only option I have is to go back, and therefore cannot complete the setup.

On the camera screenit gives me the ID and passqord, and then shows a screen reading GoPro app pairing....

Both my bluetooth and location options are turned on.

I'd really appreciate any help in sorting this out.

Kind regards

GoPro

Hi redsurf76085,

If you're still seeing the screen with instructions #4 and #5, that means the phone is searching for the camera. It appears it can't find it, 

Hmm. This is strange because if you have Bluetooth/WIFI/GPS turned on, it should at least attempt to connect over Bluetooth or Wifi.

Normally, you shouldn't have to do the following, but can you try to do this.

1. Reset Bluetooth/Wifi on the Hero 5 Session.

2. Quit Capture App, and turn off/turn on Bluetooth and Wifi on your phone.

To Reset Bluetooth/Wifi on the Hero 5 Session

a. Turn on the camera, and press the side button until you see "Connection Settings" on the screen

b. Press the shutter button once

c. Press the side button until you see "Reset Connections"

d. Press the shutter button once

e. Press the side button once to select  "Yes"

f. Press the shutter button once

You should see "Wifi Reset Successful" on the screen and then the camera restarts.

To quit the capture app on your phone, I think on the Huawei you push and hold the right sqaure button to get a list of apps and then you swipe left or right to close the app you want. (I only have a Pixel phone with me at home right now, and it's a little different on the Huawei with only two buttons at the bottom..).. Also, turn off and on Bluetooth and Wifi.

Once you've done all three things, relaunch the Capture app and try to connect to the Hero 5 Session again with "Connect Your Camera".

Again, normally you shouldn't have to do this. But it's strange that your phone isn't seeing the camera at all.

Reply and let me know how this works for you. If you're still having trouble, we can do a quick check to see if there is an issue with your Bluetooth/Wifi on your camera.

Sightseer

Thaaaaaank you, after spending 6 hours out on a remote island it works.

1 Turn location on

2 Disable Wifi +

Again and again 

Thank you

Pierre

Sightseer

Using Honor8. This solved my problem! Thankyou so much! 

Sightseer

Hi!

I have a Huawei P9 and this solved my connection problem.

Thanks for the solution, you are the best! :)

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello, i have also a problem with Connection between my gopro session 5 and phone - Huawei p9 lite 2017 with Android emui 5.0, version PRA-LX1C432B162. Version of GoPro app od 4.01. i've tried to remove the GoPro from bluetooth, wifi, i tried to reset wifi on GoPro, factory reset, reinstalling app and turn Bluetooth, wifi Android localisation information at the same time. I was talking with christine from your support website, but chat ended. We finish at reset wifi Connection on GoPro. What can i do now? I want to add, that im in new location, before, when i was im Bangkok(90 km from here) i also had problems with pairing, but i solved it by switching on Bluetooth, localisation and wifi at the same time.
Sightseer

Salve io ho una huawei p10 lite che voglio collegare con la mia gopro hero 3+. Ho letto i vari problemi per collegarlo tramite app, ho provato a seguire i consigli ma ad un certo punto mi chiede la password per collegare la gopro, password che non ho mai impostato per collegare la gopro con il vecchio smartphone. Entro sul vostro sito per impostare una password, seguo tutte le istruzioni, eseguo il download dei file ma al passaggio successivo di inserimento della sd card mi esce sempre la scritta fallimento nonostante c'è la sd all'interno del pc. Come posso fare?Mi potete aiutare?grazie

Sightseer

Hey I tried this. It staight away ask for this device password. I tried using the password which I use to connect on a one plus. But it didn't work. I reset wifi setting. Still it ask for the device password.