Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero3 won’t connect with iphone

I have been at this for at least an hour on two separate occasions. I am trying to connect.my hero3 with my iPhone with the GoPro app. I turn on the app, choose the tab for cameras, it opens and shows my hero3 ‘s name but says not found, I have two choices... control your GoPro or view media... I choose control your GoPro, it indicates connecting, next asks if my GoPro is turned on, I acknowledge, nexts tells me to go to settings to connect to WiFi, it recognizes my GoPro in WiFi and is connected, I return to the GoPro app, it indicates searching, then “oops that didn’t work” and now we are in a loop. I have updated the firmware and WiFi, changed the camera name/pw and acknowledged and updated on my iPhone. This is crazy. What am I doing wrong?
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero3 won’t connect with iphone

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same issue. 

I think the IOS update might have done somethign? Seemed to work before that.

iPhone iOS 13.1

Go PRo App 6.0 (3144)

Camera Hero3+ Firmware 3.03

And before you ask, yes these are all the latest versions.

Highlighted
Explorer

GoPro is aware and will be releasing an update soon.
https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/iOS-13/td-p/385265/page/2
Highlighted
Sightseer
Sightseer

I have same issue - any news on the update?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tm0

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Following updates, it's a good idea to restart your phone before re-pairing your camera to the GoPro app. This should resolve your issue!

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I have power cycled my iPhone and still get the same results.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same issue, even went so far as to update the Hero3 and rename it and set a new password.  When I turn on the camera and the camera's wifi my iphone's wifi recognizes it and I'm able to enter the password and supposedly be connected to the camera's wifi, however when I start the gopro app and try to add the camera again with the new info the app says that bluetooth is turned off which definitely is not the case.  As was mentioned earlier with the latest update to the ios there seems to be a disconnect in recognizing that bluetooth is on (is bluetooth needed for the Hero3?) and that the phone has recognized the wifi signal from the Hero3.  I've turned the phone off and on a number of times, turned wifi on and off, bluetooth on and off, used airplane mode and then shut if off all without success.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Betreff: Hero3 won’t connect with iphone

no function GoPro 3