Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Hero3+ Silver edition will not connect with Android App

[ New ]

I have successfully connected older versions of the Gopro app to my GP Hero3+ Silver edition, but cannot with the current version.  I know my wifi password is correct, as my phone says it is connected to the GP's wifi, but the APP does not detect the Hero3+ Silver, and there are no options on the App to even click on a Hero3+ whwn trying to select the camera.  This is frsutrating because I have a need to remotely control the camera.  I used to be able to remotely control the camera but cannot any longer.  Please help!

GoPro

Re: Hero3+ Silver edition will not connect with Android App

[ New ]

Hi @agilerange78857

What phone are you using?

If this is running on Android 10, when connecting the camera, wait for the camera name to appear before tapping on "CONNECT".

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Re: Hero3+ Silver edition will not connect with Android App

[ New ]

Hi,

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy SM-J337A running Android version 9.

I was able to connect.  THIS time when I clicked on "Don't see your camera?"... it atually showed me older cameras I could choose from.  This did not show up before.  anyway, I clicked on my camera type, and I was able to connect.

Thanks for your time on this.  I'm not sure what happened, but I'm back in business!