Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero session 4 wont connect to app after getting new phone.

[ New ]

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but this is really doing my head in now. On my old Samsung S7 everything worked great, so this week got a new Samsung S20 but I am unable to get the camera to connect to the app. I have tried everything from manual pair to using the app, clearing cache, resetting camera, phone on and off, even tried to pair to my new tablet but get the same result. Sometimes the app finds the camera and asks for a name and password then at the end says " unable to find camera"!! Has the app changed since having on my S7 ( 4 years)? thats all i can think. I was going to get a new Hero 8 but i am having second thoughts now incase it does not pair. 

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Hero session 4 wont connect to app after getting new phone.

[ New ]

Managed to pair to my phone using the manual wifi. Then when I went through the app to link to the gopro it asked for a password, all entered ok, then it said the same as before " we cant find your go pro". 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@bluetoff, I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.  
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 
Tourist

[ New ]

Tried that all again and the reply was " We cant find your go pro, Lets try again". This is what ive been getting everytime I have tried previously. It used to work fine until recently, no problems at all. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bluetoff

Try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode.

If it's still the same, see if a manual update will help.

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero_session

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Managed to pair to my phone using the manual wifi. Then when I went through the app to link to the gopro it asked for a password, all entered ok, then it said the same as before " we cant find your go pro". 

Tourist

[ New ]
Managed it, finally.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bluetoff

Were you able to update the camera manually?

If it's still the same, please reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej