Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero Session Won't Pair With Latest App

It's as simple as the title states.

I have factory reset the Hero Session, it does not pair in the application on the latest iOs and latest updated version of the iOs software.

Furthermore, there doesn't appear to be any strong signal coming from a bluetooth device when I use my bluetooth hardware (embedded systems engineer) to check for GATT services. I've tried using the buttons yes/no for when it asks if it has been paired before.

Prior to the factory reset (using two custom files on the flash storage card) it put up a wifi network with the password herosession that was joinable, but it would not pair at this stage either.

What's going on? I've tried reducing the firmware and upgrading it forcibly about 120 times now and I'm getting sick and tired of it.

It seems as though the phone is actually supposed to announce itself or something, or that the session's bluetooth antenna might have internally dislodged from the pcb I'm guessing?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero Session Won't Pair With Latest App

Hello @greenbeach1347. If your phone is running on the iOS 14 version, please make sure that the Local Network setting for the GoPro App is enabled. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Local Network.

I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 

Let us know how it goes.