Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero 9, Fails to set up local wifi

[ New ]

When I try to connect to my Hero 9 (that I bought one day ago) it often failes. First it looks like my phone does not have the correct password for the Hero 9 wifi so I have to manually set it. Then after a while the wihi just stops working. It looks like the Hero 9 wont start it. The way to fix this for me is to remove camera from Quik app and reset connections on the camera. Then manually add the new wifi password again. I have enabled cloud upload directly from the camera, can this mess things up? 

GoPro

Re: Hero 9, Fails to set up local wifi

[ New ]

Hi @fredrikp487

Do you have the camera on version 1.6?

What phone are you using?

We have recently released an update for the GoPro Quik app.

Make sure you're on the latest version.

You may also check GoPro Quik: Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Phone is Samsung S9+ and camera version is HD9.01.01.60.00
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fredrikp487

Do you have the app on version 8.9?

Were you able to go through the steps shared on the link?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, I have the version 8.9 (10918) of the app. As i described in my first post it works for me to remove the camera from the app and reset connections on the camera. To me it looks like there are two problems. First, the phone dont get the correct wifi password when setting up the connection with the camera. Second, the camera can for some reason not start the wifi hotspot when I want to connect to it. After last connection reset I have not added cloud sync directly from the camera and it has worked fine.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @fredrikp487. We will share these results and your feedback with the team.