Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero 8 won't connect to samsung s20+

[ New ]
My brand new gopro hero 8 won't connect with my Samsung galaxy s20+ 5G
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 won't connect to samsung s20+

[ New ]

Hello, @spiryhill8523. Make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed. Try manually connecting to the camera's Wi-Fi network from your phone’s Wi-Fi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. If applicable, change the Wi-Fi Band on your camera to 2.4GHz.

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm still getting an error message saying something went wrong would you like to try again now or later
GoPro

[ New ]
For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera. 

Firstly the phone:
- Restart the phone
- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 
- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:
- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)
- (Android only Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache)
- Kill the app and relaunch
 - Make sure you are running the latest app version

Lastly the camera:
- Pull battery out and back in
 - Make sure you are running the latest camera Firmware
- Turn wifi off and on
- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:
- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on
- Open app and tap the camera icon
- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app
- Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

Also - know that on my latest testing of connectivity, the bug I encountered was fixed by doing a factory reset of the camera.
So if none of the above helped, maybe that's something to try.
Tourist

[ New ]
I've reset everything I can, can't remove the gopro connection from my phone because it has not been able to connect even though it appears in my phone's bt menu, but bot the wifi menu.
GoPro

[ New ]
Did you even factory reset the camera?
This is strange, usually, those reboot steps help clear out the issue :(
Tourist

[ New ]
Yup did factory reset last night, it's not showing up in my phone's wifi settings. So I'm getting best buy to help because I bought it new yesterday.
GoPro

[ New ]
@spiryhill8523
Hi, let me know if you manage to solve the connection issues.
From our experience, the tips listed have worked. Things such as toggling the Bluetooth off/on for the phone / doing battery pull have helped. In my personal experience this does the job.