Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero 7 videos too big for facebook

[ New ]

When I try to add video to a comment on Facebook, it comes up with "exceeded 25 MB size". even 15 second clip. Using Hero 7 Black, 1080p 30 frames a second. But did it at 720 too. What am I doing wrong. Using Laptop and desktop computers.

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 videos too big for facebook

[ New ]

Hello, @bikermolpat. This is a limit to the size of files that you can attach to your message. Have you been able to check the size of the video file that you are trying to upload? See if it may have actually exceeded 25 MB. We recorded using a HERO7 Black and the same resolution settings and a 10-second recording created a 40-MB file. You may edit the video file first to keep the size down or upload it to a server and include the link in your comment instead.  

Tourist

[ New ]

What settings should my gopro be? 10 secs is the clip length. I dont know what you what you mean by servers and links. Its all done on one desktop, and Facebook is very complicated, I have an old brain.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
Do you have to post it in a comment? Only the comments have this limitation, if it's part of a normal Facebook post you won't be limited in size like that.
You could edit your video in Quik App and add a filter to it for example and save to app then save to phone, that should help reduce size a bit. You can try that.