Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero 7 black Media will not load to app

[ New ]

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 black Media will not load to app

[ New ]
Jay,
I tried all that was suggested. When I plugged my camera into my computer and started download, the download would stop and a message would appear saying “file could not be downloaded”
What I did to resolve the problem was take SD card out of camera and insert into card reader and then the pics/videos showed up and I copied them to my desktop and then imported into Quik. Now I am going to do a factory reset on camera and reformat the SD card and hope that fixes the problem.
Thanks for the help.
Dean

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dbunk,

When you say it won't load media meaning you can't view the files from your camera?

Or you don't see any files from your camera at all?

Can you please send a screenshot and how do you access your files?

Thanks!

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]
Jay,
The media is on my GoPro but it will not transfer to my app. The app ask me to join the camera WiFi and I can conteol the camera from the app. I also have taken a few pics today,after reading g a few post, and those pics would show up in the app but the ones I took while snorkeling a few days ago still will not transfer to the app.
GoPro

[ New ]

Got it @dbunk,

Have you tried downloading the files already?

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-View-Copy-and-Delete-Media-Using-the-GoPro-App

After taking photos and videos you have to download the files to the app and after saving the files from your camera to the app you will have an option to download the file from GoPro App to your phone's gallery. 

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]
Same problem here. Updated HERO7BLACK yesterday. Using IOS. I can see the media on my camera and I can control the camera with my phone. However, I cannot view or download the media on the camera to my phone.
696B0172-E151-40BB-A3A8-7A58BD1EC089.png
Tourist

[ New ]

3019ECC1-5482-4A39-A8D2-58EB507B922B.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to know that @pointnemo,

Do you have other device or other mobile phone?

If you have a computer please copy all your files manually using a computer. 

After that reset your camera to factory settings. 

Doing a manual firmware update would be much better: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras

Unpair your camera from the GoPro App and from your phone's Bluetooth settings. 

Pair the camera again and check if that will fix the problem. 

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]
Jay,

I did what you suggested. I have V1.9 on the camera. If I am on the app and take a picture I can view the media on the app but if I take a picture with the camera the app will not allow me to view the media.

Any other ideas?

~ PN
316FE68B-3FEC-4C8C-A028-1C5A08E38D73.png