Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero 7 Black will not connect to Hotspot

[ New ]

I am trying to set up FB livestream to at first an iPhone 7 and then a few weeks later to my new iPhone 11 and it will NOT connect to my phone's Hotspot (neither phone). I believe I've done all of the Troubleshooting Methods I've read to do: App is connected to phone, phone is connected to app, Bluetooth is on, camera has all recent updates, reset the camera to factory defaults. . When trying to set up to FB account, my Hotspot appears as an option in the WiFi Network list. It swirls and attempts to connect and everytime I get the message "Can't Connect : We couldn't connect your camera to this Network". I click "Try Again" and this time it doesn't even try- I immediately get the same Error Message.   When going through this FB livestream process, it connects fine to my daughter's iPhone 7 Hotpot and my husband's iPhone XR hotpsots (we all share the same Data Plan so I know it's not bc our plan has streaming restrictions). I need it to connect to MY hotspot. 

I've literally spent hours trying to fix this, I'm relatively technologically-minded so this is frustrating and I feel like it shouldn't be this difficult.As mentionewd, I've reset the camera to factory defaults and started over. Any ideas?

Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black will not connect to Hotspot

[ New ]

EDIT: and my Hotspot is functioning. My kids are able to connect to it without any issue. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @toughflare7267. The feature is observed to be happening intermittently or not at all. There is currently an issue with live streaming using the hotspot on iOS devices. Our App team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. We will definitely post about it once we have new information. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

So it's an issue just with connecting to the phone that the app is running?  As I mentioned, when going through the FB Livestream setup it will connect to my husband's and daughter's hotspots but that doesn't help me. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Yes, it is connecting to the hotspot of the same phone with the app.