Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black - How do you live stream to Private Facebook Group (iOS)

[ New ]

@adroitalp6454, I've been able to utilize this feature in the app. I can see the Facebook Pages that I manage in the dropdown menu (see screenshot below). I also noticed that the list even includes the Pages that I haven't set Published on Facebook yet.

Just to help us further isolate the issue, are you able to access the Facebook Page that you are an admin of directly through facebook.com? Double-check and be sure to have version 6.11 of the GoPro App installed on your mobile device.

Tourist

[ New ]

The ability to live stream to a Facebook goup or page you DO NOT OWN isstill not a native feature of the GoPro app, either ios or Android. Yes, you can apparently work around this with a convoluted RTMP path that requires a computer on hand to set up. Kind of defeats the spontaniety of "going live", doesn't it? Try it on a mountain top or chugging around the woods on a dirt bike. This is not a platform issue - iOs or Android. This is not a phone model issue or even a camera issue; not a hardware issue at all really. This is a GoPro app issue and can be corrected by them, hopefully in the next update.
Not only can you not post to a group you are a member of, but not the Admin for, you cannot select the "Friends Except" option you will find on your other smart devices. GoPro only lets you select "Friends" - meaning ALL friends. On my lowly phone I can select "Friends Except" and real-time edit which friends may view my post.
So maybe folks considering a Hero 8 for live streaming will come across this thread and be forwarned of these shortcomings before committing to the platform. I know I wouldn't have picked one up if GoPro had been more forthcoming about what they meant by "it can livee stream to Facebook".....

Tourist

[ New ]

I completely agree with you.  I just bought the Hero 7 thinking I would be able to as well.  And just to find out it can only be done via computer but on the app.  Come On Go Pro! This should have been standard from years ago.  What I don't understand is why they did it for pages directly through the app but not groups?  I figured both would have been released at the exact same time.