Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero 7 Black - How do you live stream to Private Facebook Group (iOS)

[ New ]

When I try to set up a live stream to a specific private facebook group (I am the admin),  the group does not show in the drop down on the gopro app.   Only shows friends, public, or me as the options and defaults to my personal facebook page.   I've seen a lot of posts that say use RTMP URL but the go pro instructions (and multiple videos I've watched on this topic) show that other people get additional options on the set up drop down (it shows their personal pages and groups to select from).   I am wondering if it is the gopro app (I have confirmed mine is up to date) or the way the facebook page is set up (because it is private?).   Any help is greatly appreciated!!!  

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black - How do you live stream to Private Facebook Group (iOS)

[ New ]

@kschlies, be sure to have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your device. The GoPro App for iOS mobile devices has the option to Live Stream to a Facebook page that you manage. On the Set Up Live Stream screen, you'll have the option to select your Facebook Page under the "share to" section. 

As for live streaming to a Facebook Group, this can be done through RTMP Link. 

If you're using an Android mobile device, several users were able to live stream to a Facebook Page or Group via RTMP Link. Check out this thread for more information about their workflow: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-7-Black-live-stream-to-Facebook-PAGE/td-p/241196/page/2 

Tourist

[ New ]
So if I am understanding correctly, Facebook GROUPS are not supported via the Facebook option in the app. Only Facebook PAGES are. So if I want to stream to a GROUP, I am forced to use the RTMP link option. Seems like a miss in the app.. why support pages and not groups?
GoPro

[ New ]

That's correct, @kschlies. On iOS, the dropdown menu will feature the Facebook Page(s) that you are an admin of. Live streaming to Facebook Group(s) can be done through RTMP URL. Anyhow, we appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Tourist

[ New ]

I've been complaining about this shortcoming since I got the Hero 8. To say that you can live stream to Facebook, then only make it capable of streaming to YOURSELF is just ridiculous. It appears GoPro is more interested in selling over=priced gadgets than supporting its users with funtioning apps.

Tourist

[ New ]

Has there been any update to this issue?  I was looking at the version update of the app and it says that we can stream to groups and pages.  But when I go to the drop down screen only options are Public, Friends and Only Me.  I have the most updated version of the app, so this doesnt make any sense at all.

GoPro

[ New ]

@adroitalp6454, what iOS phone model do you have and the iOS version installed? Currently, the dropdown menu will feature the Facebook Page(s) that you are an admin of. Live streaming to Facebook Group(s) can be done through RTMP URL.

Tourist

[ New ]

i'm using the iphone X, software version 13.3.1.  Yes, i have seen regarding the RTMP url but that has to be done from a desktop or laptop.  I'm trying to usnderstand why the app states its an option but not an option in the drop down menu.