Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero 6 Black GPS data no longer available in Quick

[ New ]

I used to access GPS stickers in previous versions of the Quick app and now it's not showing up anymore? What's going on? How can I "force" the app to let me access telemetry and stickers?

Is there any solution to this issue or do I need to send my Hero 6 Black to early retirement?

GoPro

Re: Hero 6 Black GPS data no longer available in Quick

[ New ]

Hello, @gregusa. The GPS stickers can be accessed by launching the video then tapping on the edit (pencil) icon. Once done, tap on the Stickers icon (5th from the left) and select which stickers you would like to display. Do you get an error/message on the app indicating the stickers cannot be displayed after going through the above steps?

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the edit icon is not showing on my app (see attached screengrab). My camera is on, GPS is on and Wifi connected to my iPhone. My iPhone is connected to the camera and has access to the videos on the camera's micro SD card.

I know the video has telemetry data on it. I also removed and reinstalled the Quick app but no luck. Any other suggestions? 

Quick screen grab.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@gregusa, have you tried downloading the media file to the app? You'll see the Edit (pencil) icon when the media file is downloaded to the app.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the answer. Downloading the media did the trick but what a pain it is to have to download every clip on my iPad (I record 2 hours of video every session and it takes more than an hour to download). The older version of the GoPro app uses to display stickers directly from the camera roll clip. The stickers could also be resized and positioned on the frame on the fly which is now a lot less flexible. What used to take a few minutes to add and is now taking way too long. Go Pro has gone backward with the sticker feature and its cumbersome workflow.

When will an efficient and functional GoPro app be released so the telemetry of the camera can be accessed and used more efficiently?

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

The ability for stickers to be resized and positioned by gesture is something we will add back later on.