Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 not connecting to Samsung s9 app

So my hero 5 when setting up connection with my app on samsung s9 days connected then when you try to access the cameras media or live view it says connection failed I have tried all the troubleshooting methods to no avail and I have latest software and updates on all devices. How can this be fixed??
Note connects and works fine with my ipad.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 not connecting to Samsung s9 app

Hi @jonnywhy26

Thank you for the information, I noticed that the SD card you are using is not a recommended card.

To isolate the issue further, would you be able to test this with a recommended card?

I have just tested a Samsung Note 9 (GoPro app on 5.1.1) and was able to trim videos without errors.

Also, we are releasing an update(GoPro app for Android) to address the crashing/connection issues.
Please continue check our website for information. 

Software Update Release Information

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @adzyspence

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is an ongoing issue that our team is working on. We are still waiting for an update (resolution) at this time. We will keep you posted. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

I have exactly the same issue. It connects on my ipad but not for my samsung s9 plus.
GoPro

Hello @jbuensalida

Sorry to hear about that. Do you get any error message when you connect your camera through the GoPro App on your Samsung S9+ ? See if uninstalling and re-installing the app will help. The original poster was able to connect as well but was not able to access media. 

I just checked with a Samsung J6 and a Samsung S7 phone and the pairing with the camera went successfully. I was also able to access media from the camera. We would like to determine if the issue maybe isolated to particular phone models. Please let us know what you find out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times with no change.
Sightseer

I can't access media or the live camera view
GoPro

Got it, @adzyspence. Thank you for the additional information. We will let you know once we have heard from the team regarding a resolution. Best regards!

Sightseer

I just bought a go pro hero 5 sessions and my Samsung S9. Can't connect.

I did not know anything about GoPro I just bought the one with 4k and water proof.

I learned that there are other generations.

I am really pissed of at GoPro for not having something that works.

Im going to return this. And not buy another one.

I thought I would have a good experience but if I can't see what the camera sees this expensive piece of crap is worthless