Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: Hero 5 not connecting to Samsung s9 app

I have the GoPro 5 black in a Galaxy S10 it first sees it but it will not connect to a live view I'm kind of pissed off because I bought a brand new phone so I could use these GoPros with it and now I can't oh, and the microphone adapter is totally retarded for these GoPros
GoPro

[ Edited ]
Sightseer

Sorry for the inconveinence? This **bleep** sucks. So whats the next step when i upgrade my phone, buy another gopro, maybe the hero 7? Used to like the gopro. There are many more cameras out there and im sure they are all going to take a lesson from this. Hire competant software engineers!!! If you guys cant fix it, maybe i go with brand C and all my problems are solved. This camera is not cheap. Fix the software.

Sightseer

Hi guys!

Long time user of the app on my Galaxy s9+. I'm experiencing the same issues and am not able to access the app as I continuously keep receiving the same error message. I have deleted the app off my phone, reset the connections (basically all the recommended steps) however I'm getting No Where. I'm on holiday and would really like some support thanks! :)
GoPro

Hi @royalflame38387

Were you able to reinstall the app? 

Please try clearing the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 

You may also test the camera with another phone and see if the same happens.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team.
They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej