Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 not connecting to Samsung s9 app

Hi @jonnywhy26

Thank you for the information, I noticed that the SD card you are using is not a recommended card.

To isolate the issue further, would you be able to test this with a recommended card?

I have just tested a Samsung Note 9 (GoPro app on 5.1.1) and was able to trim videos without errors.

Also, we are releasing an update(GoPro app for Android) to address the crashing/connection issues.
Please continue check our website for information. 

Software Update Release Information

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

Estou com o mesmo problema de conexão via wifi na Hero senssion 5 na conexão com o Galaxy A50, estou com a versão atualizada mais mesmo assim não conecto, o app até que encontra a camera mais não conecta o wifi.

Hiker

Estou com o mesmo problema de conexão via wifi na Hero senssion 5 na conexão com o Galaxy A50, estou com a versão atualizada mais mesmo assim não conecto, o app até que encontra a camera mais não conecta o wifi.
GoPro

Hi @allexestevam

When on the pairing process, try to open your phone's connection settings and see if your phone picks up the camera's Wi-Fi name.

Tap on it and enter the password.

Go back to the app and see if your camera is found on the camera list.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

aragon1006

Amigo já tentei tudo isso aí e não conecta de jeito nenhum, sinceramente não seu o que está acontecendo, o App encontra a camera pelo bluetohh porém não consegue conectar no wifi.

GoPro

@allexestevam, typically, the connection issue between camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.  
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

Hopefully this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Ann

Hiker

Já fiz esse procedimento inumeras vezes, entrei em contato com a samsung e ele me solicitaram um relatorio que o próprio aparelho dar sobre as conexões, ficaram de me responder hoje, eles estão achando que seja falta de atualização do app.

Sightseer

Just to add having same issue. Spent last 3 hours trying all manner of methods to reset and connect. 

I can get the Go Pro to connect but it appears the issue is on the App. I force the wifi connection and bluetooth is up but as soon as I tap for a live connection the wifi connection drops off. 

So app is useless. back to manual.