Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero 5 import issues to iPad Pro

[ New ]

I searched the board and could not find an answer to my question . . . . I am importing files to my 2nd Gen iPad Pro via a card reader and filming in 1080p/60 a Hero 5 Black and Hero 7 Black.  Files from the 7 import without any problems however the 5 will populate a thumbnail but not import (importing begins followed by a red exclamation).  I have updated memory cards thinking that might be my problem but does not appear to be.  Recording settings appear to be the same on both cameras and I can not seem to find what I am overlooking.  

I did verify that the file resolution is supported in the iPad Pro.

Suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 import issues to iPad Pro

[ New ]

It could be just a coincidence @sunnygorge06352

Having ProTune turned on should not cause any issues when transferring the files.

Try shooting some test files with and without ProTune, see if the same is observed.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@sunnygorge06352, thanks for reaching out. This is odd. Just to clarify, are you directly copying the files from the SD card (through SD card reader) to your iPad? Or do you still utilize the GoPro App for files download/transfer?

Tourist

[ New ]

I am copying files directly from the sd card via card reader to the iPad.  I compared all of me settings between the 5 and 7 and "ProTune" was the only selcted feature on the 5 that was different from the 7.  After turning ProTune off and shooting some test video, I was able to transfer the new files.  Does that make any sense or is it just coincidence? 

GoPro

[ New ]

It could be just a coincidence @sunnygorge06352

Having ProTune turned on should not cause any issues when transferring the files.

Try shooting some test files with and without ProTune, see if the same is observed.

Thanks!
Ej