Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 black will not pair with iphone 6

Hello,

I finally got my GoPro hero 5 Black. It will not connect with my phone whatsoever.

I have seen where everyone gets the "Connect" option when the drag the menu screen down. I get a "Connectivity" option and not the "Connect" option. My GoPro Hero 5 Black will not even pop up on my Bluetooth menu.

thanks

iosman

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 black will not pair with iphone 6

Hi @iosman123,

Thanks for reaching out. Please make sure that you have the latest version of GoPro App (v6.0) installed in your mobile device and your HERO5 Black camera's firmware (v2.6) is updated to the latest version as well.

Should you need to update the camera, follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO5 Black

If the issue persists, please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here.

Let me know how it works for you.

Kind Regards,
Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @iosman123,

Thanks for reaching out. Please make sure that you have the latest version of GoPro App (v6.0) installed in your mobile device and your HERO5 Black camera's firmware (v2.6) is updated to the latest version as well.

Should you need to update the camera, follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO5 Black

If the issue persists, please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here.

Let me know how it works for you.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

@iosman123 wrote:

Hello,

I finally got my GoPro hero 5 Black. It will not connect with my phone whatsoever.

I have seen where everyone gets the "Connect" option when the Dyson Cyclone V10 Review drag the menu screen down. I get a "Connectivity" option and not the "Connect" option. My GoPro Hero 5 Black will not even pop up on my Bluetooth menu.

thanks

iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.