Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 Session won't connect to App on Android

Hero 5 Session, lg V20 Android phone, GoPro App, all latest firmware.

I keep getting to the same part of the setup and nothing happens, the pairing times out and fails.  Per the instructions below, step 3 should have a "Pair" button on the app once I've completed step 2.  Step 2 never works, it just times out and fails every time.  I've seen the device name and password and even tried entering them manually into my wifi.  It will connect on my phone, but nothing happens in the app.  Just stuck on the screen that shows step 2 below.

HERO5 Session Pairing Process

1. Open the GoPro App:
    • From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
    • Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android)
    • Tap on "HERO5 Session".  
  2. Pick up your camera:
    • Press the MENU button to power your on camera.  
    • ​Tap the MENU button again until you see CONNECTION SETTINGS and select it with the SHUTTER button.  
    • Press the SHUTTER button to select "CONNECT NEW DEVICE" 
    • Press the MENU button to highlight the 'check mark', then select it with the SHUTTER button. 
  3. Go back to the GoPro App: 
    • Tap "Pair" to connect via Bluetooth. This will extend your GoPro’s battery life. 
    • Then tap "Join" to connect to the Wi-Fi on your camera. 
    • With iOS11, you no longer have to enter your camera's password. Join the Wi-Fi network when asked and you're all set!
Screenshot_2018-07-18-08-45-34.png

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: Hero 5 Session won't connect to App on Android

Okay, so what I had to do was to open up my bluetooth and manually connect to the camera.  Manually connected to the wifi, then restarted the app and it finally connected.  I figured the app would connect automatically based on the instructions.

I'm finally connected now.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

Okay, so what I had to do was to open up my bluetooth and manually connect to the camera.  Manually connected to the wifi, then restarted the app and it finally connected.  I figured the app would connect automatically based on the instructions.

I'm finally connected now.

GoPro

Hi @loyalpike147

I have tested the instructions listed on the original post and was able to connect the camera to my phone but good to hear that you were able to find a way to connect your camera to the app.

Regards!

Ej