Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Hero 5 Black mit App verbinden funktioniert nicht

[ New ]

Hallo,

ich habe ein neues Smartphone, womit meine GoPro Hero 5 Black bisher noch nicht verbunden war. Nun habe ich mir die App auf das Smartphone heruntergeladen und nach meiner GoPro gesucht. Es wird mir auch eine angezeigt, mit der ich mich angeblich verbinden kann, allerdings gelingt dies nicht und der Vorgang bricht nach kurzer Zeit ab. Auch der Versuch die GoPro auf die Werkseinstellungen zurückzusetzen und die App neu herunterzuladen brachte keinen Erfolg. An beiden Geräten ist Wlan und GPS aktiv.

Die Daten:

GoPro Hero 5 Black - Versionsnummer 02.00

Handy: Xiomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Android 10 - MIUI 12.0.2.0

App-Version: 7.3.1 (9992)

Vielen Dank vorab.

Vielen Dank vorab.

1608646296141.jpg
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 Black mit App verbinden funktioniert nicht

[ New ]

Hi @braveoasis82503

Please try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then tapping the Info button on the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

thanks for your response.

That's something I already tried. But nothing changed. In the wifi menu of the phone is said, that the wifi is connected, but on the screen of the cam ist still the same picture, where the name an pw of the cam are shown. When I'm leaving this screen of the cam, the wifi disconects.

DO you have any more ideas?

Thanks in advance.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @braveoasis82503

We'll have this shared with the team.

To help isolate the issue, would you mind testing the camera with another phone?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey Ej,

that was a good idea. With an old phone (Samsung Galaxy A3 mini) I was able to connect with the GoPro. So I was also able to update the cam. The bad news is, that it still doesn't communivate with my Xiaomi. Again, in the wifi-menu is shown, that it is connected and im the app my phone is able to find the cam. But they still don't connect.

Is it possible, that the App isn't compatible with my phone?

Thanks in advance.

GoPro

[ New ]

TWe appreciate the update, @braveoasis82503. Good to know that you were able to successfully update your camera through the app. There were previous reports of certain phone models having identified connectivity issues with the GoPro app. Which OS is your Redmi phone running on? We will check with the team if there is any bug report associated with the same model. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for your response. As written in my first post, here is the info about the phone.

Phone: Xiomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Android 10 QP1A.190711.020

MIUI 12.0.2.0

Tourist

[ New ]

Any new idea?