Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hello Support Team, I can't get full connectivity with my new OnePlus 6t while my old Xiaomi Redmi

[ Edited ]
Hello Support Team,

I can't get full connectivity with my new OnePlus 6t while my old Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Android 6) works fine with the latest app (v6.2.3).

I followed all Hero5 Session guides on the GoPro site. I reset several times both the camera nd the app, as well as the phone's wifi and bluetooth settings. I even tried manually connecting to the camera WIFI first (with MAC addr randomisation turned off), before attempting to control camera settings or browse it's SD card contents, but this didn't work either.The app gets stuck on the loading screen and then displays the error screen attached to this post.

Can you please assist me in solving this?
Screenshot_20191231-210624.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hello Support Team, I can't get full connectivity with my new OnePlus 6t while my old Xiaomi ...

Thank you for your response. In my phone permission history screens, I noticed that the GoPro app didn't even show up as trying to access something - e.g. bluetooth. I checked the app permissions on the dedicated GoPro app settings page but didn't see the usual 'change system settings' permissions. Upon further inspection, I noticed and changed the following setting which fixed my issue: Apps & Notifications -> Special app access -> WI-FI control -> GoPro -> Allow app to control WI-FI The GoPro app now automatically disconnects my phone from the current network and connects it to the camera WIFI. The camera video feed then appears in the app.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hello Support Team, I can't get full connectivity with my new OnePlus 6t while my old Xiaomi ...

It's possible that your phone may not be compatible with the GoPro app. We have some information at https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin... that may help with that though.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your response. In my phone permission history screens, I noticed that the GoPro app didn't even show up as trying to access something - e.g. bluetooth. I checked the app permissions on the dedicated GoPro app settings page but didn't see the usual 'change system settings' permissions. Upon further inspection, I noticed and changed the following setting which fixed my issue: Apps & Notifications -> Special app access -> WI-FI control -> GoPro -> Allow app to control WI-FI The GoPro app now automatically disconnects my phone from the current network and connects it to the camera WIFI. The camera video feed then appears in the app.