Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Has anyone used any of the "aftermarket" apps to control your gopro?

I posted this question a while back, and wondering why I didn't get any replies, it appears that my question has disappeared.

Veddy interesting.

OK, that being said, without going thru the litany of why the gopro app is bad, there are several "aftermarket" apps available on the google play store.

Has anyone used one of the other apps for controlling your camera?

Pretty much all I want to do is see what the camera sees, start and stop recording, and maybe adjust some settings.

Please note that this is NOT a discussion on the gopro app. That topic has be beaten to death already.

Steve

GoPro

Re: Has anyone used any of the "aftermarket" apps to control your gopro?

Hi @sjmgopro,

Haven't tried any thirdparty software but GoPro App is working fine and haven't encountered any issues. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

Thanks for the details...

https://bposttracking.com/

Adventurer

Absolutely no reason to use a 3rd party app. You don't want to discuss it, but the reason is old news. Login is no longer required.
Tourist

"You don't want to discuss it, but the reason is old news. Login is no longer required."

That was only one of the reasons, and not particularly the most import. There are other apps that don't have permissions that categorize them as spyware. You can go read the list; there is no reason to rehash it here.

Also, the app is not compatible with any of my devices, and unless you want to send me a check to cover it, I'm not upgrading my devices.

My questions still stands: "Has anyone used any of the 'aftermarket' apps to control your gopro?"

Steve