Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

HERO 5 Black No Screen Preview After Changing Lens's

[ New ]

I have a HERO 5 Black. iPhone 7+. Previewing the camera image (on the GoPro app - via the iPhone) before recording (seeing what the camera sees) was never an issue. Until I changed the lens out.

I purchased a zoom lens from Peau Production and after installing the lens, I could no longer "preview" the image on the app despite the app being connected to the iphone? The lens is installed correctly as I can see the image through the view finder on the actual GoPro camera screen & recording video then viewing on a computer. So connectivity from phone to app is NOT the problem. Its just the "Preview" mode on the app that's not working after lens installation. I tried to preview on all resolution settings from 2.7k to 720.

Chris C

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: HERO 5 Black No Screen Preview After Changing Lens's

[ New ]

Finally figured this out myself, hope this may help someone in the future.

After pushing a whole bunch of buttons I learned it was my iPhone that messed me up! Seems when I changed lens's, synced the GoPro camera and app with my iPhone 7+ (I tell you the model as not sure if it's specific to that phone) the privacy settings on my phone changed (without me)!

So, I had to go to my settings on my iPhone, Privacy, GoPro App and turn the app back on. For some reason, replacing the lens turned the app off on my iPhone?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

Finally figured this out myself, hope this may help someone in the future.

After pushing a whole bunch of buttons I learned it was my iPhone that messed me up! Seems when I changed lens's, synced the GoPro camera and app with my iPhone 7+ (I tell you the model as not sure if it's specific to that phone) the privacy settings on my phone changed (without me)!

So, I had to go to my settings on my iPhone, Privacy, GoPro App and turn the app back on. For some reason, replacing the lens turned the app off on my iPhone?

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for letting us know that you managed to work it out :)