Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Gopro session 4 - Camera Password - Connection issue

I recent got a new Samsung phone and went to connect my go pro session 4.
However when connecting it asks me to put in camera password. I tried everything and nothing worked.
I googled ways to reset the password.
I held the reset wifi bottom for 8-10 seconds and reset password.
Went to connect to my phone got through all stages created new password and then it didnt connect.
Iv tried resetting password again but now every time I tried to connect to my phone it asks for password but nothing works.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro session 4 - Camera Password - Connection issue

Hi @stoutsand74045,

Typically, the connection issue between camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.  
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

Hopefully this helps.

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro session 4 - Camera Password - Connection issue

Hi @stoutsand74045,

Typically, the connection issue between camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.  
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

Hopefully this helps.

Ann