Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro max 360 footage shot at 60fps showing as black once downloaded

[ Edited ]
I recently updated my Max 360 and shot a bunch of clips in 60fps. I was able to review the clips on the app, however, once I downloaded them to the app to edit the clips were just black but I could hear the sound. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy 10 and I tried downloading the clips several times
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro max 360 footage shot at 60fps showing as black once downloaded

Hi @toughsand52672

Do you have the latest version of the GoPro app?

Would you be able to pair the camera to another phone to see if the same happens?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

My camera was updated last week, I only presume the app is up to date. I also downloaded it again around Feb when I got a new phone... But it's weird because I can watch the clip in the app when my camera is connected. The problem arises only after I download it straight to the app....
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @toughsand52672

I have tested a Huawei P30(Android 10, GoPro App 6.12) and was not able to replicate this.

Please make sure that the battery saver is off and animations are enabled. See https://tinyurl.com/tzsqgl4 for reference.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Will look into this now. Understand that i can view and edit 360 clips filmed at 30fps...
Highlighted
Tourist

I dunno, animations are enabled and I can use the app and edit 360 clips shot in 30fps. It's only the new 60fps that is running in black. So weird!! 

Highlighted
GoPro

To help isolate the issue, can you test it with another phone?

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Well it works fine on my 5th generation iPad... So at least I can edit now... Although it's frustrating with my phone