Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 7 Black connecting problem with GoPro-app samsung galaxy s7 edge

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I bought a brand new GoPro hero 7 black and I'm very excited about testing this one out. 

I have only one problem, the GoPro couldn't connect with my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and I don't know why...

I already read on this forum that switching the WiFi from 5 GHz to 2.5 GHz could solve this problem, but this doesn't work for my GoPro. 

GoPro Hero 7 v01.70

GoPro App v5.1.1 (7727)

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Android 8.0.0)

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Many thanks!

Paul 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 7 Black connecting problem with GoPro-app samsung galaxy s7 edge

Appreciate you for the details that you provided, @paulg46508. Are you getting any error message when you attempt pairing We just tested with a Samsung S7 and we are able to connect with the GoPro app. There are steps-to-fix here that will help resolve the issue. Have a go at them and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 7 Black connecting problem with GoPro-app samsung galaxy s7 edge

Appreciate you for the details that you provided, @paulg46508. Are you getting any error message when you attempt pairing We just tested with a Samsung S7 and we are able to connect with the GoPro app. There are steps-to-fix here that will help resolve the issue. Have a go at them and let us know how it goes. Thanks!