Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Gopro app keeps failing to connect to hero 9 black

I have a hero 9 black and an iPhone 8 and I am trying to connect the camera to the app. I keep getting the same message of paring failed, make sure your camera is in pairing mode.

I have factory reset the camera

Restated my phone

Removed the wifi and Bluetooth settings

Used a different phone and an iPad

Manually updated the camera via a computer

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro app keeps failing to connect to hero 9 black

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @dcralph. Please try the following suggested steps accordingly:

1. Allow GoPro through the Local Network settings. On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > enable Local Network (If enabled, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App, and try connecting again.
  2. Reboot your iPhone. Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14, it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again.
  3. Disable Mac address. This is especially true if you see “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera. Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > find your GoPro camera’s network > tap the "i" button next to the network > toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position.
  4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > to do this, you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

If the issue persists, I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.  
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the exact same problem here @aenriquez , i am using an iPhone X, with latest iOS.

Pairing Failed every time.

Update the camera manually.

Talk to customer service about 6 times.

I keep getting the same message of paring failed, make sure your camera is in pairing mode.

I have factory reset the camera

Restated my phone

Removed the wifi and Bluetooth settings

Used a different phone and an iPad

Manually updated the camera via a computer to the latest firmware from 01.00 to 01.21

Nothing happend, keeps saying the same message, i read that the best would be to switch the camera for a new one.

Please help here!!

IMG_1560.PNG
Highlighted
GoPro

@epicpeak14312 

Did you try those steps mentionned by @aenriquez 

1. Allow GoPro through the Local Network settings. On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > enable Local Network (If enabled, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App, and try connecting again.
  2. Reboot your iPhone. Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14, it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again.
  3. Disable Mac address. This is especially true if you see “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera. Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > find your GoPro camera’s network > tap the "i" button next to the network > toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position.
  4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > to do this, you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

We've seen more connectivity issues with iOS14 especially with the Private Adress feature of iOS14 so maybe you could give this a try.

Highlighted
GoPro

@dcralph @epicpeak14312 

Sorry for all the trouble, if the work-arounds provided didn't help, know that we have an app update coming up 7.2 as well as a camera firmware update coming in October as well.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank for the reply @haindash , i walk to customer service and the main issue is that it wont show ant wifi connection, so there is a problem with the camera, so we went up and return the camera so it could be replace woth a new one.

Thank you
Highlighted
Hiker

@haindash
Hello, and when will we have it?)))
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi,

I do not know the exact dates, but this month.