Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Gopro app for ios 10.3.4

[ New ]

Hi,
I'm having trouble to do the initial setup of my new GoPro8.
For ios I have an v.10.3.4 and Android v6. There seems to be no compatible apps for these two devices anymore.
The Quick desktop version for OSX (2.7.0.874) doesn't recognize the camera either and according some sources here it is not compatible with GoPro8.

How to move on and start using the camera?
Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro app for ios 10.3.4

[ New ]

@ronaldp87047, you can enable the live preview in the GoPro Quik app once the camera is connected. Then, the app will ask you to connect your phone to the camera's Wi-Fi to gain access.

For further details, see GoPro Quik: Live Preview.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ronaldp87047. The GoPro Quik is compatible with iOS Devices (iOS 13 or newer) and Android devices running Android 8.0 or later only.

As for the issue with Quik for desktop recognizing your GoPro, we have some troubleshooting suggestions here Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port that might help. 

• Quik for desktop is no longer in development and we do not have recent updates available for the app.

GoPro cameras are standalone and can still be used without the mobile app. You'll need the GoPro Quik app on your phone if you want to remotely control the camera and/or offload the media files to your mobile devices.

As for importing files from the GoPro camera to your computer, there are some other methods you can try if Quik for desktop isn't an option that'll work for you:

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know. We're here to help.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I had used another Android phone to connect the GoPro 8 and that Quik app works more or less. The preview is not working.

As for Quik on OSX, sometimes it works at other moments it doesn't. This is a strange behavior.

To transfer the photo's/video's I currently use the "Android File Transfer" app (https://www.android.com/filetransfer/) and that works like a charm.

Ronald

GoPro

[ New ]

@ronaldp87047, you can enable the live preview in the GoPro Quik app once the camera is connected. Then, the app will ask you to connect your phone to the camera's Wi-Fi to gain access.

For further details, see GoPro Quik: Live Preview.