Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Gopro app crashing after reframe and saving Max 360 file

I just got the Max and i edited a few files not longer than 1:30 minutes and was fine but having anything over that after framing and during saving it, the file will get up to 70% rendering and crashes...  does anyone have the same problem?  I did talk to gopro customer support but they can't fix it.   it seems they don't have the knowledge about this, they even ask me to barrow someone's phone and try it there - which i did but still crashes.  even ask me to just revert to using desktop app...  mobile app is the most convenient and why do I need to do it in desk top?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro app crashing after reframe and saving Max 360 file

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @luckyrider777. There are troubleshooting steps below that will help clear the issue. have a go at those that you haven't tried out yet. 

1. Ensure that the GoPro App and mobile device are up to date with their latest versions.
  2. Force close the app and re-open it. Clear cache (not data) on the app settings. Then check to see if the crashing or freezing still occurs.
  3. Force close other apps that may be running, but you are not using. This may free up memory on your mobile device and allow the GoPro App to run better.
  4. Restart your mobile device and then restart the GoPro App.  
  5. The GoPro Camera Name may have a special character (e.g. ¥, £, ü, etc) in it. If this is the case, press 'Connect + Control' and tap on the wrench icon to open the Settings.  Scroll to the Camera Info section and select the Camera Name.  Finally, remove the special characters from the name.  The GoPro App should no longer crash.

Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

hi @mariustanya,

I tried your steps, but it still did not work. My gopro app is up to date, my phone is iphone XR 13.3 updated ios. Restarted the phone a couple of times. The file would save/render up to 72%, freezes and crash. I even deleted the file from the app and download from my plus account and do it again but still won’t work.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the quick response, @luckyrider777. We will share these details with the team and keep you posted. To verify, does your phone meet this requirement: iOS devices running an A9 chip or newer and with 2GB+ RAM or more?

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya,

Yes xr has A12chip, i believe 3 gig ram and 256 gig cap. I think I have 50 gig left space.
Highlighted
GoPro

Got it, @luckyrider777. Thank you!

Highlighted
Tourist

SAME issue . Again. I tried every fix . iphone 11 Pro updated app . freeze .

Please help fix this problem .I hate the fact I spent so much money on this camera that is a paper weight .

Highlighted
GoPro

@mazdabret @luckyrider777 

Sorry about that :(

Do you have the same behavior regardless of the file or is it a particular file that crashes the app? I would suggest to try with a brand new file, also to check the Keyframing you are doing: maybe remove or move some keyframes or change something, check if you have a pause / freeze frame.

I can share the beta with you if you want to try with a newer version - it has bug fixes in it. Not guaranteed that it solves your issue but could be worth a try. If you want to send me a DM please.

Thanks,