Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro app LG v40 and Fusion connection problem

Hi Guys,

Just got a new LG V40 phone. 

When I installed the Gopro app on the phone i ran into problems searching for the Camera.

"We Can't connect your Fusion"

keeps appearing, other notes it says that your phone cannot control the fusion.

Any one ran into problems with incompatible android phones?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro app LG v40 and Fusion connection problem

Hello @superwater17265. It could be because the LG V40 has not been tested yet for compatibility. Based on the list of Fusion-supported devices , only the LG G7 ThinQ and the LG V30 are supported. Our team is working on full support for Android devices and many others in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime. Is there anyone else in the Hub who tried using LG V40 with Fusion? How did it go? 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @superwater17265. It could be because the LG V40 has not been tested yet for compatibility. Based on the list of Fusion-supported devices , only the LG G7 ThinQ and the LG V30 are supported. Our team is working on full support for Android devices and many others in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime. Is there anyone else in the Hub who tried using LG V40 with Fusion? How did it go? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok please let me know if when the v40 is compatible. Was looking forward to using my camera with my new phone
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @superwater17265

We'll get the post updated once we have information.

You may also check Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same exact problem. Running the newest android os 9.0 I believe. I hope I can use my phone in the future as well with my lg v40 thinq.

Highlighted
Sightseer

+1. Using an LG V40 ThinQ with Android 9 (Pie) Kernel version 4.9.112. Attempting to connect to the Fusion with the GoPro app shows the following:

--

We can't connect your Fusion

Your phone cannot control your Fusion or support the 360 media on it.

--

It's a real shame because I just upgraded from an LG V30 a month before I bought my Fusion; if I'd known I'd run into this I would've happily kept my V30, if nothing else just to interact with the Fusion. I'm surprised to see that a handset that's been out for 9 months now hasn't been tested for compatibility despite there being few differences between the V30 and the V40 (as well as other devices running Android Pie being supported).

Would really appreciate an update on this thread once the V40 is supported, or with an announcement that it won't be supported if that turns out to be the case.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @nicebeach8384, @powerswitch . We will definitely update this thread once we have new information from the team in charge. Thank you for the feedback and for sharing your observations.