Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Gopro Max 360 rendering didn't works!

[ New ]
On two my devices LG G6 and Samsung Note 10 (both on Android 9) render progress is freezed at 22 or 24 percents, when I trying convert 360 video by keypoints
GoPro

Re: Gopro Max 360 rendering didn't works!

[ New ]

@mxlpitelik 

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble. The team is working on update 6.2.3 it will have many bug/crash fixes.

The version isn't available in beta yet or I would have offered you to try it in beta.

Sightseer

[ New ]
same problem here.. im using oneplus 7 pro with android 10.. how can i fix it??
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @daddybrothertv

How long are the videos you are trying to render?

What version of the app are you using?

Have you tested this with another phone?

Would you be able to share your workflow?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
gopro app 6.7(8628). im only trying 10secs of video.. but still no luck for my oneplus7pro. by the way this is my first time using an gopro.. i have gopro max.. i tried it to my iphone6s and the rendering is smooth.. but here in my oneplus my daily phone.. no luck
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us @daddybrothertv

Would you mind testing if the same happens on non-360 files taken with your MAX?

It will also help if you can try another Android phone to help identify if this is a compatibility issue.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I apologize for my english. hope you can read and understand =)

------------------

I have same problem with rendering trimmed 360 video from gopro max.

actually, i can't save to new clip all of 360 video, but for Hero mode all work fine.

Its endless savind with 100%, like on screenshot.

Reframing render works good

this problem appeared after some update of GoPro app or android. before all work fine.

I tried the old version 6.2.2 and it works. still infinite 100%, but trimmed 360 video saves ok

----------

My configuration:

Xiaomi MI 9T,

android 10 QKQ1. 190825.002 

MIUI Global 11.0.4 (QFJEUXM)

GoPro App 6.7

GoPro MAX H19.03.01.40.00

photo_2020-03-01_22-45-32.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@activehike6810 @mxlpitelik @daddybrothertv 

Make sure you have space in your device.

Try with different footage to make sure it's not this particular file that could be corrupt.

Also you have to know that 360 is heavy duty: so we recommend these high end chipsets for the smoothest experience in app while editing and viewing your 360 media > Snapdragon 865, Exynos 980, and Kirin 990.

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash  Hi! I have around 100Gb of free space in my phone and i try a lot of video with different lenght.

everything works fine when i watch 360 video. Problem only with rendering trimmed video, if i render  reframed 360 all works normal. And in 6.2.2 version trimmed vedeo render ok, the app shows infinitely 100% but the new file saves.

this bug appeared around mid-January

before everything worked on my configuration

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Thanks for the detailed explanation I will investigate to see if this is something we can reproduce in-house.
I will focus on trying to export a trimmed / reframed 360 videos then.
GoPro

[ New ]

@activehike6810 

I tried on my Pixel 1 and I was not able to reproduce for now. QA will try later on a Xiami phone.

Here's what I did:

- Tap on 360 media

- Tap on the Trim (scissors) button
- Trim a part (15 sec) and it's saved as a new clip

- Open new clip, add 4 keyframes

- Render

Rendering went well. 

Is that your steps? Do you happen to have this problem with any 360 trimmed file?

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash 

I did:

- Tap on 360 media

- Tap on the Trim (scissors) button
- Trim a part (15 sec) and it's saved as a new clip

in this part i have screen with endless 100% like on the screenshot

in 6.2.2 trimed video is saved but the screen with percent does not disappear

in 6.7 trimmed video does't saved and screen with percent does not disappear, i try around 1 hour to save 5 second.

if I shoot a video and just do reframing  with same keyframes and rendering - everything is ok

photo_2020-03-01_22-45-32.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]
Ok so in fact it's the "save trimmed clip as a new clip" that is not working.
Do you have the same problem is you try with another 360 file?
Tourist

[ New ]
yes, doesn’t work with any 360 file.
GoPro

[ New ]

@activehike6810 

QA has a Xiaomi redmi note 4 and we tried on that one. We were not able to reproduce the issue. 

At that point I can suggest that you join our beta testing community so you can access 6.8 when it's ready for beta.

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.

Beta process:
- Android: Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty

To share feedback and for follow up > ask access to our Beta Testing feedback groups here:
- ANDROID GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta
it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.

Anais

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash Thanks you! NDA and request to android group done. Please check

GoPro

[ New ]

@activehike6810 I don't think you've hit the submit button as I don't have any new names for today. Can you try again?

Also QA has opened a bug trying to reproduce your issue. > Xiaomi - Stuck in infinite loading when visiting the trim menu of any spherical video

so maybe that will help

GoPro

[ New ]

@activehike6810 @mxlpitelik @daddybrothertv 

Just so you know an update has been published, make sure to take it in as it has many bug/crash fixes as well as the new World Lock feature > 6.9.1

GoPro

[ New ]

@activehike6810 

Hi, 

I would like to know if the issue is fixed on your end with 6.10 update since we have the ticket open and would need your feedback to know if this sloved your problem.

Also are you in beta, if yes, are you also on the group, I'm not sure what's your name so I can't know for sure.

Keep me posted, 

Thank you!

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash hello! everything works well in recent versions. I wrote on facebook under version 6.9. 8784.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta/permalink/1363811073819457/

https://www.facebook.com/art.andrey.melnikov - its me =)