Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Gopro HERO 3+ "Media can't load"

[ New ]

Hi

I've got a hero 3 black for second cam, and i paired it with the latest gopro app for android.

I can control it, i can see the live preview, (actually connecting to it, and controlling it is much faster than doing the same with my 7 black), but if i want to see the videos on it, the app says "media can't load". Tried multiple sd cards, also the videos are saved correctly, i can view them directly from SD card.

Media view works with 7 black. So why not with the 3? The videos are simple 1080p 30fps.

Still the same: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Hero-3-black-quot-Media-can-t-load-quot/m-p/616...

Sightseer

Re: Gopro HERO 3+ "Media can't load"

[ New ]
I have the same problem with gopro 5 black. Installed app again but cannot see the media on app of past days but see on the camera. Please advise
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @disconnect and @hpetit. Were the media accessible when previewed from the camera? Did the app confirm the successful import of these photos? If so, try to scan through the media under the APP tab in the app.

See if the "missing" photos may have been incorrectly dated and could be under a different date or timeline. You may also filter by "Recent" for an easier search. 

To further isolate the issue, please also provide information on the SD card used - the brand, type, and capacity will be greatly helpful. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya no, it was not accessible, that's what i wrote! Why dont you read the message before answering?

"MEDIA CAN'T LOAD" while in control mode, it shows how many files there.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick reply, @disconnect. Have you been able to update the camera as instructed in the other post? Which SD cards are you using? Have you been able to try accessing your media using a different device or phone? These details will help us isolate the issue. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya 

Yes.

After that, the message is "no media yet" while there are many videos and photos there, gopro sees them (counts them), and i can view them from SD card.

I tried 32gb, and 64 gb sd cards, same happens with both, as the problem lies in the low quality gopro software. All gopro software are catastrophic, as these isn't able to handle their standard functions, yet the idiotic gopro marketing division asks developers to put in a lot of useless clutter, instead of fixing problems...

All gopro software should be moved where they're belong: recycle bin