Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Gopro App not working for edit and reframing of 360° videos on Android

[ New ]
My device always freezes when I enter video editing mode: I see two infinitely rotating rings. I use Samsung Galaxy A8+ with android 9. But it works on an older Sony with Android 8. What would be a problem and its solution?
GoPro

Re: Gopro App not working for edit and reframing of 360° videos on Android

[ New ]

Hello @arudskyy

Sorry for any trouble caused.

The steps on How to Resolve GoPro App Crashing or Freezing Issues should help you out.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Ich habe alle gelisteten Vorschläge ausprobiert aber es alles hilft nicht. Was können Sie mir noch vorschlagen?
Die normalen Videos kann ich problemlos editieren.
Wenn ich öffne 360-Video zum Editieren sehe ich ständig diese drehenden Figuren:
Screenshot_20200115-203633_GoPro.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for going through the suggested steps, @arudskyy. Since the issue persists, let our Support team help you with the next steps. To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and fill out the form with the needed details. Once done, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @arudskyy 

Sorry about that, here three tips that could help with this Black screen problem

- Tip 1 > navigating away and coming back to screen will usually fix issues like this.

- Tip 2 > A User on S10 Android 10, issue has been fixed by making sure in Settings that animations are activated (community post here)
- Tip 3 > A User on Oneplus t3 fixed it by turning off Dev Mode / setting up Display and Fonts size to default (community post here)

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same issue too. Android 9. If I touch the Rings , the animation of this Rings go faster and faster, but still no ending.

Hiker

[ New ]

I have the same problem on android 9

Hiker

[ New ]

But the same app work on Ios  apple , so now i am using my old i phone 6.

Hiker

[ New ]
Dankeschön für alle drei Tipps aber es hat mein Problem nicht gelöst. Ich habe sogar alle Einstellungen zurückgesetzt und App neu installiert. Ich sehe immer wieder diese zwei 3/4 Kreisel... Noch irgendwelche Tipps?
Hiker

Betreff: Gopro App not working for edit and reframing of 360° videos on Android

[ New ]
There is no solution found for this problem.
Tourist

[ New ]

What is the model of the Sony phone that it does work on?

Hiker

[ New ]
sony Xperia XZ1 COMPACT on Android 8.0.0
Hiker

[ New ]
I tried "reset to factory" my phone - all settings and apps were removed and phone was in "clear state". Then I installed the Gopro App but I was disappointed because it didn't solve my problem. I am helpless for now.
Hiker

[ New ]
Support can not find any solution for now, continuing support case
Hiker

Betreff: Gopro App not working for edit and reframing of 360° videos on Android

[ New ]
GoPro app updated to v6.7 (8628) but the problem is not solved.
GoPro

[ New ]

@arudskyy @luca1960 @fleetwave203 

For our 360 Users: We recommend these high end chipsets for the smoothest experience in app while editing and viewing your 360 media.  Snapdragon 865, Exynos 980, and Kirin 990.

Hiker

[ New ]

Same problem. using latest version of gorpo app (dated today) + latest firmware installed on my brand new MAX (dated today)

realize this is the COMMON problematic on goprpo app unable to reframe MAX 360 video.

Gopro seems like software is not ready for your MAX.

Hiker

[ New ]
My Galaxy A8+ has Exynos 7885
Hiker

[ New ]

i can t change my android chipset.....

Hiker

[ New ]
It doesn't depend on chip. If you have an "unsuccessful" chip the GoPro app will work slowly, will not decode a video, etc. I have seen such effects on old Android devices like Galaxy A5 2015 with Android 6 (this model oopens the same video for edit [without strange circles ] but can't decode it).
Current problem mentioned above relates possibly on some missing or not loaded component, library, etc. To understand and solve this situation have to debug the app or collect some system log files - but it seems to be very expensive for GoPro.
I my foto-video courses I compare many 360deg camps and voit now against the MAX because of missing appropriated software for windows and Android. Insta provides soft fot both OS.
Hiker

[ New ]

nothing to do with chip set

tried on on different android phone Samung S10, S9, S7... LG got the same problem

Opening other regular video shooting from the same MAX, no prpblem, opening 360 video not work, take for ever...

Quik not supporting 360 video MAX neither 

On the same phones, no issue of opening 360 using Insta360 app

so what is the problem then GoPRO ?

GoPro

[ New ]

@kingkhanh @arudskyy 

So chipset / device performance could be one thine - so it's good to know to start of something.

However, we have opened bugs on 360 rendering and are working on them, so it could be those bugs you are experiencing.

If you want to try the beta (6.8 is in beta) I manage the beta community and can give you access. I try to work closely with users to figure out what's happening, I usually do the follow up on Messenger, it's easier than on the Forum.

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.

Beta process:
- Android: Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty

To share feedback and for follow up > ask access to our Beta Testing feedback group
- ANDROID GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta

it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.

Anais

Hiker

[ New ]

It would be interesting for me, I filled out a NDA and am waitinf for a next step.

GoPro

[ New ]

I've added several people to the beta this morning. 

Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty

For follow up do ask to join the FB group, easier for me.

Hiker

[ New ]

I do not think this is correct (the test must be done before to put on the market the product) and i do not belive you (i have lost a lot of time with your assistance). I think i will use my i phone 6. Ciao.

GoPro

[ New ]

@luca1960  Sorry about the frustration. Hardware and Software are tested extensively but as you know on Android the wide amount of devices makes testing a bit challenging. There are bugs and we track them down to fix them. Some users help us on the way. The beta is also an opportunity to try out new features before they are released :)