Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro App crashing when saving or sharing quik story

Hi

I followed the troubleshooting steps and still having the same issue. The go pro version is 6.4 and the smartphone is a Motorola g8+ with Android 9, any other recommendations?

Thanks for the help!
Highlighted
GoPro

@greencrest04158 Sorry about that. There's a 6.4.1 that will be out soon, it has the fix for the top crash of 6.4 - maybe that could solve your issue.

Also the crash could be a lot of things depending on many parameters so it's hard to know what's going on without having your phone in hand. It could be a device issue, it could be a file problem with a corrupt video for example... it's hard to troubleshoot.

Things that could help is to delete and install app - do that only if it's fine for you and that your media are backed up somewhere because deleting the app deletes its content. Phone restart and try with a different file.

I can get you access to the 6.4.1 in beta so you have it before it's live if you want. Let me know

Highlighted
Tourist

Well I just try backing up all the media, then deleting the app and reinstalling again and still the same issue so I have to accept your nice offer to use the beta version of 6.4.1 as my last resort.

Thanks!
Highlighted
GoPro

@greencrest04158 

Sorry about that, it was worth a try :( 

So the current beta has now been released to production (6.4.1) - for now the Team is working on the next version so the beta isn't ready just yet. 

If you're still interested:

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.

Beta process:
- Android: Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty

To share feedback and for follow up > ask access to our Beta Testing feedback group here:
- ANDROID GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta
I manage the group, it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.

Highlighted
Tourist

I already fill out the NDA, thanks for the help!
Highlighted
GoPro

you've been added - don't hesitate to also ask to join the FB group, I post news on it.
Highlighted
Hiker

Posting in this thread as well. This problem of 4k material crashing the app when saving/sharing quicksstory persists in the most recent version 6.4.2