Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Gopro 4 Silver Grab photo preview quality

Hey..

Have some questions here...  have my Hero4Silver for a few years now..  now i have a little problem with Photo Grab from video..

On my previous Iphone6s..   i did a video....check it in gopro app... when i wantet to grab a picture from a video..  the photo did preview in a HD.. 

No i have Huawei P10..    on the same thing...  the video on preview was always in loq qualitiy...  but when i do a "photo Grab"..  i stil get the same low quality preview as it is the video....  i do get HD photo if i save it to phone..  but not in preview..

No i dont know is this becouse phone.. or what is wrong...  ...   if anyone have that issue... i would be happy if you share it here..   

tnx, Simon

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro 4 Silver Grab photo preview quality

Hello @simirockstar

This is the case because the preview through the GoPro App uses LRV files. These are low resolution video files necessary to support the copy, playback and share functions in GoPro App. You can instead grab-a photo using a computer through Quik for desktop

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro 4 Silver Grab photo preview quality

Hello @simirockstar

This is the case because the preview through the GoPro App uses LRV files. These are low resolution video files necessary to support the copy, playback and share functions in GoPro App. You can instead grab-a photo using a computer through Quik for desktop

Thanks, 
Marius