Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Google pixel 2 HERO 8 won't connect

The app finds the cam but won't connect on the 5Ghz or 2.5Ghz tried all the various trouble shooting to no avail, can anybody help, the pixel 2 is a sim free store bought model I can use on any network, Cheers Jim

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Google pixel 2 HERO 8 won't connect

Update: finally got it to work had to delete the Blu-tooth connection in my phones memory then turned off wi-fi turned blu-tooth back on estblished connetion then turned wi-fi back on then it finally worked. PHEW Smiley LOL LoL anywho thanks for your help 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jimathome1036

Please follow the steps below: 
Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password/ta-p/394276
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

You may also test it with another phone to help isolate the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply it's still not working won't connect to the 5Ghz at all, connects to the 2.4Ghz band briefly but then stops working causes my wi-fi connection on my Pixel 2 to turn off and there we have the reason the app toggles my wi-fi off and on again, don't know if this is an app issue or a pixel issue just noticed I'm not the only one who has this problem with pixel and GoPro

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jimathome1036,

Please contact GoPro customer support for assistance. 

They can help you with that. 

Just let them know that you already followed the basic troubleshooting steps and provide the complete specs of your phone (Android Version, Brand and Model)

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Update: finally got it to work had to delete the Blu-tooth connection in my phones memory then turned off wi-fi turned blu-tooth back on estblished connetion then turned wi-fi back on then it finally worked. PHEW Smiley LOL LoL anywho thanks for your help 

Highlighted
GoPro

Got it @jimathome1036,

Thanks for letting us know. 

-Jay