Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Google Photos cant connect

[ New ]

Hi there

Just installed Quik and when I go to create a video and try to connect Google Photos it times out with the circular progress bar.

I am on android and am always logged in with my google account.

Strange that no one else seems to be finding this problem... I have tried rebooting, reinstalling etc.

I click sign in as my user ID, it goes to one white page, completes that and then gets stuck on another white page with the circular spinning thing,...

Please help as it would take me ages to copy all my media to my device for editing!!!

I'm not on wifi but dont see why this should be an issue (5G)

Seb

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Google Photos cant connect

[ New ]

Problem solved- the issue was that my Gmail account is one of the older xxx@googlemail accounts

I had a hunch it might be this and so converted to Gmail in Google settings and it has solved the problem

(Cleary GoPro databse cant handle the duality of the googlemail and gmail addresses)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

also... anyone know whhy the hell my username has come up as superridege 21006 !!! I didnt set this!!! 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @superridge21006

Are you using the stand alone Quik app or QuikStory?

I did a test edit using Quik for mobile and was able to use files from Google photos.

Regarding the nickname, this is automatically generated when registering.

You can change it by logging in to gopro.com

Go to Settings> Nickname

You can change your nickname once per hour.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Its Quik standalone.

I'm still getting the issue... doesnt matter what i do wtih my phone in terms of reset or signing out and in etec

Any ideas? Pretty much can't use the app without it

Screenshot_20190918-173836_Google Play services.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @superridge21006

What phone are you using?

What Android version is it on?

Would you mind sending a screenshot/screen capture of the error you are getting when accessing Google photos via the app?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

Using a Samsung S10 5G

Android version 9

Screenshot is above!

Cheers

Seb

Tourist

[ New ]

anyone with any ideas on this??

tearing my hair out, cant edit my holiday pics & vids!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @superridge21006. Are you able to access Google Photos separately, that is on its own app? We just tested using the stand-alone Quik app on an Android 9 device and we were able to add photos from Google Photos to Quik. We were also able to add more photos while already editing in Quik. Make sure that you are logged in to your Gmail account, or any account associated with your Google photos.