Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro9 Can't Stream to Pages I manage

[ New ]

I just purchased the GoPro 9 today - specifially to stream my sons baseball games. I read that you needed to do a Facebook page vs. Facebook group in order to stream. So I created a Facebook page...in which myself and my wife are both admins. But when using the GoPro Quik app and going through the simple steps to stream via Facebook, it only gives me the options of "Friends", "Public" or "Only Me". It does not give me the option of the page in which I am an admin of.  I have reset over and over again, nothing changes. We even went the route of figuring out the RTMP URL and still doesn't work. Even though that's only supposed to be applicable to FB groups vs. FB pages. 

Any suggestions? I keep reading "make sure you have the most recent version of the app"....I just downloaded the app today so it's the most recent version.

At this point I feel like I just set $500 on fire and if so....basically my life is dedicated in the near future to telling everyone that will listen never to buy a GoPro for any reason...since they advertise live streaming capabilities that they cleary can't back up. 

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: GoPro9 Can't Stream to Pages I manage

[ New ]

I got it working late yesterday by logging out of facebook from within the GoPro Quik app and then logging in again. So removal and reinstalling is not necessary (at least not for me it was).

Thanks for the quick response!!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hardystar66601

Streaming to an FB page should be available through the GoPro Quik App.

RTMP should work if streaming to an FB group.

We'd like to gather some more details.

Would you mind sharing a screen recording for when you are attempting to set up the stream?

Can you also check if the app is on v8.2?

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @hardystar66601
After some investigation, we found out that Facebook has changed the way permissions work, we need to update these on our end. We will update these, hopefully this can be pushed for update 8.4
Update 8.3 will be published this week so it should be ok in the next update.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi @haindash ,

any news regarding this issue?

Still can't seem to find my pages. Having (german) version 8.6.1 (age 6 days) on my iPhone.

Thanks & kind Regards

Philipp

GoPro

[ New ]

@sweethike27723 @hardystar66601 

We've updated the Facebook authorizations. The issue has been reported as fixed by some users, however some need to delete and install the app again. For that, make sure that your edits / media are saved because it will delete the content of your app.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I got it working late yesterday by logging out of facebook from within the GoPro Quik app and then logging in again. So removal and reinstalling is not necessary (at least not for me it was).

Thanks for the quick response!!