Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro8 detected but doesn't connect

Hi, 

my mobile-phone detects the GoPro camera, I can also rename it, the camera says that it's connected but then on the app a progress spinning wheel doesn't come to a stop for a while. Then the app says that there was a problem I might try setting the camera at 2.4Hz but the camera is set already so. So I take the choice to try again at 2.4Hz on the app but it goes so on and on. I'm never asked for any password and the mobile-phone Bluetooth doesn't see the camera.

• A brief description of what you have tried:

• I shot down the WiFi on both (GoPro and mobile-phone) reset and tried again

• I reinstall the app again, reset and tried again

• I shot down the Bluetooth, WiFi, restart the mobile-phone and tried again

• I tried with the WiFi of our neighbor that has a different provider

• I enable the hot spot of the mobile-phone

• I looked for WiFi Firewalls but I found none

• I disable in WiFi options the automatic turning on of the WiFi when close to a high quality one and try again

• As I tried the first time the GoPro was updated through the mobile-phone before this showed me the spinning wheel but to make sure that it happened successfully I download the files and reinstall the last updates with SD and tried again.

• Camera Model and firmware version

• GOPRO8 v1.60

• Phone Model

• Motorola One Action XT2013-2

• Mobile OS

• Android 9

• Carrier

• WiFi Vodafone and I tried also with Fastweb while the Sim is CoopVoce

• GoPro App version

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can give me. Regards!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro8 detected but doesn't connect

Ok, I solved the problem. The Bluetooth connection is instable. I have not clue why but I have to use a similar solution to the one pointed for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and while the GoPro app is looking for the camera go to the mobilephone bluetooth connections, look in Devices already connected once and select my GoPro and immediatly after ask the camera to connect. It works and I could also transfer videos and pictures. Regards, G.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @giorgiac0276,

Please visit this website: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Make sure to unpair your camera from the app and from your phone's bluetooth settings. 

After that reset the camera to factory settings. 

If issue persist please check the link I posted above. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Dear Jay,

thanks for the quick and kind reply.  As I mentioned in my post I did already those steps and I went through the trouble shoting already that's why I took all those actions that I listed.  I think the point is that my mobilephone doesn't see through the Bluetooth the GoPro8 and there is never mentioned such a problem anywhere. I'm trying to understand now if the problem regards the bluetooth of the GoPro8 (but I don't find any instructions or check to do about it) or of the mobilephone. Of course if I found out I post the solution. Thanks again, Giorgia

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, I solved the problem. The Bluetooth connection is instable. I have not clue why but I have to use a similar solution to the one pointed for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and while the GoPro app is looking for the camera go to the mobilephone bluetooth connections, look in Devices already connected once and select my GoPro and immediatly after ask the camera to connect. It works and I could also transfer videos and pictures. Regards, G.

Highlighted
GoPro

@giorgiac0276, glad to hear that and thanks for posting back with the results. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!