Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro wont connect to iphone, cannot get media

So I'm having issues connecting my new GoPro hero7 black to my iphone 6s. It worked fine the first time I tried it, but now it cannot obtain my media. I followed the manuals suggestions and after an hour I got my media. Then I took new pictures and tried to connect again. Nothing. Now I will have to spend another hour uninstialling, reinstalling, disconnecting, reconnecting to once again get my media. Very annoying and I chose a GoPro bc I thought this aspect would work well and its just not. I called them today and all they could suggest was what I already tried. My IOS is up to date as is my GoPro app. My phone is 2  years old and works well. Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone have a suggestion? I had my boyfriend download the app and he got the media no problem. So why can't I??

GoPro

Re: GoPro wont connect to iphone, cannot get media

[ Edited ]

Hi @megajump75571

After taking new pictures and trying to reconnect, did you get any error message?

Were you able to get the live preview of the camera at least?

What is the model of the other phone you have tried?

For reference, you may also check: 

Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Hi @aragon1006

The error message said it could not connect to my camera and to make sure my camera was in the proper mode to connect. Every time, my camera says connected to my phone. 

Yes I can live preview on the camera just fine, fortunately. 

The other iphone was a 7s plus. 

Last night I reformatted my SD card via my laptop, I lost all the media, however, when I tested a photo, my iphone was able to retrieve it so I am hoping this fixed the issue for good... 

GoPro

Thanks for getting back to us @megajump75571

Glad to hear that you have managed to copy the file.

Please continue to observe your camera/app.

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej