Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro on iOS 12

[ New ]
I just bought two hero 8 and a hero 9. I have an iPhone running iOS 12. What are my options?
GoPro

Re: GoPro on iOS 12

[ New ]

Hi @daringgorg33738

The new version of the app requires iOS 13.

If you have access to a computer, you may check the files through an SD card adapter or by plugging the camera.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Wait... so you're telling me the Hero 9 I just purchased and only realised needed iOS 13 because it won't allow me to complete initial setup without it is effectively useless? Cool. How do I arrange for a full refund including the numerous add-ons I purchased? Are you getting a kickback from Apple??

Tourist

[ New ]

The Hero 9 cannot be used without installing the app on your phone. The app will only work with iOS 13. I have an iPhone 6 which doesn't support iOS 13. So I cannot use the Hero 9. It is just a very expensive paperweight. Where does it say this on the Hero 9 web page? Can I have a resolution please? 

GoPro

[ New ]
Here's the link mentioning that GoPro App will only work with iOS13 https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Mobile-Apps-Compatibility/ta-p/394353
Sorry about that but we have to keep up with OS updates and there are technical reasons why we can't support all OS.
Tourist

[ New ]

That's a link to a community forum - not your external facing website. Hence GoPro have purposely deceived and mislead. 

"Technical Reasons"?? That old chestnut. Please don't patronise us with that meaningless excuse.

Tourist

Re: GoPro on iOS 13? IOS 12.5 is as high as my iPhone or iPad will up date to.

[ New ]

Same here. I am really disappointed.  Let alone, their sale force does nothing to inform you that many of the add-ons are redundant pieces of hardware.  My IOS is up to date and is 12.5 on both my iPhone and my iPad.  IOS 13 is apparently not available for IOS wireless devices?  Maybe desktop Apple machines can run IOS 13 but none of my wireless devices will.    . I also will be packing this up and sending back for a full refund. I thought the GoPro people had a solid product but I guess I was wrong about that.   GoPro Support, please fix it and make it compatible with IOS 12.5, that seams to be the latest and greatest for IPhones.     

Sightseer

Re: GoPro on iOS 13? IOS 12.5 is as high as my iPhone or iPad will up date to.

[ New ]

Just got this camera and was disappointed to find this out about only being able to use the app if you have iOS 13.

However you can skip that step and still use the camera, just hit the back arrow and a screen will pop up asking if youre sure you want to skip the setup.