Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro max 360 footage not displaying when saved to app

I can view 360 footage when its in cloud or on device, however I cannot get the app to display the footage when its saved to the app. Meaning I cannot edit it on phone. Does else have this issue and/or does anyone have any suggestions besides re-installing the app.

Additionally, does anyone know where the in-app footage is stored within the android file-system?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro max 360 footage not displaying when saved to app

PROBLEM IDENTIFIED!

it seems the app has issues when you get close to your internal storage limit. In my case I still had approx 5GB free (less than 5%) with approx 400 clips saved to device. I'd guess there's a setting built into the code of app to disable functionality when a storage threshold is hit based on percentage.

My other notable issue which seems likely to be due to the same cause was auto-offload from camera to device had stopped working.

For clarity, Im on a Note 9 on the latest version of Android (9) using the latest version of the GoPro app.

Thanks

Tom

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tomawest. Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? Which device are you using? Does your device meet the system requirements for 360 Support in the GoPro App? 

Highlighted
Tourist

PROBLEM IDENTIFIED!

it seems the app has issues when you get close to your internal storage limit. In my case I still had approx 5GB free (less than 5%) with approx 400 clips saved to device. I'd guess there's a setting built into the code of app to disable functionality when a storage threshold is hit based on percentage.

My other notable issue which seems likely to be due to the same cause was auto-offload from camera to device had stopped working.

For clarity, Im on a Note 9 on the latest version of Android (9) using the latest version of the GoPro app.

Thanks

Tom

Highlighted
GoPro

@tomawest Thanks for letting us know - are things back to normal now that you've made some space on your device?

Highlighted
Tourist

For this specific issue they are. I still have a few issues with the app but I've raised a case with support to look into those:

• Cloud media wont refresh in app. Workaround is to sign out and back into cloud on the app
  • The app seems to take a lot longer to produce quik videos (editing, etc) than using the separate quik app

In addition, there doesnt seem to be a way to bulk-download 360 media from cloud. You can do so with normal .mp4 and jpeg files via creating a quik video but as 360 files arent compatible with quik, you cant apply that workaround in this case.

It would also be really helpful if you could specify the save location for media in the app. It would be a lot easier if I could specify the SD card installed in my phone, rather than the onboard storage. An option which seems to be present with most other apps that have the potential to take up a lot of storage space.

Highlighted
GoPro

@tomawest 

I seem to be also experiencing this issue on my Pixel right now > 

• Cloud media wont refresh in app. Workaround is to sign out and back into cloud on the app

> I will check on that matter.

• The app seems to take a lot longer to produce quik videos (editing, etc) than using the separate quik app

> There are many more updates of GoPro App planned, with bug / crahs fixes, stability / performance improvements + 360 improvements. The Dev Team is on it :) If you're interested in beta testing please send me a DM. Next to be in beta testing is 6.2.4 (to be clear it isn't just yet as it is still in dev)

About that > It would also be really helpful if you could specify the save location for media in the app > yes it's been widely asked by the community however it's not an easy thing to implement and we have other big projects on the table for now.