Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro iOS app huge cellular data usage

[ New ]

sent as requested

Tourist

[ New ]

hmm mine on as well. Had that off in the past.

Tourist

[ New ]
-WiFi assist is on, it says 119mb right under WiFi assist
-Phone set to USA, MST
-It was my first time using the GoPro and the app for maybe 6months, not the first time using it and unsure if the app has updated since the last time I used it
-I always completely shut and kill the app, the data overage alerts were happening while I was using it
-I have a GoPro account but not the paid version, was not logged in.
I'm not going to open the app again until this is solved, I don't want any more data overages.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

Thank you for all your feedback.

We worked on a special testing build to gather logs and check unusual cellular data activities. Getting to the bottom of this.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

Tourist

[ New ]
Oh hun please this issue has been going on since the launch of your hero 9... I’m actually going to send out this post to some sites, that way you guys can get your act together. Cause your a camera company that takes over a month to address an issue that could totally distort ur reputation or bring you legal problems. You guys are draining all of people data in what is suppose to last a month in days. And every week it’s the samething.... we are looking into this... go pro team is on it... we got a special thing going on this time. I would be embarrassed, to work for a company like that a issue so big that the techs take a months in order to address it. This is a joke this is the first and last camera I will ever buy from GoPro. Terrible platform, days of uploading to cloud, and when you download to your phone it eats all you data.... you guys win in marketing but delivery man you guys are one of the worst ones lol
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello, GoPro!  I was slapped with a $180 data overage on my cell phone bill from Dec 5, 2020 due to the gopro app chewing through my data in less than 15 minutes (I had everything turned off on the phone for production in the field, so didn't receive any notifications on the overage as it was happening, but my wife did and blew me up for it later that night).  I looked at cloud saving, and I don't have an account set up, and I don't have any sort of data assistance enabled on the app at all.  My provider, AT&T, says that this is your issue (I have spent 6 sessions of 2 hours a piece with them to get some resolution), not thiers, and have taken the liberty of stealing my money.  Please help with this as it's costing people terribly.  Honestly, I'll need to receive some recompense for this horrible issue, I shouldn't have to pay the bill caused by your software.

I was using a GoPro Hero 6 Black and an iPhone 11Pro.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Just now on phone support with GoPro. They told me to go to settings and turn off the GoPro Cellular usage in two different locations (this isn't in the app, but i8n the phone settings). This is a very problematic as people will not know to do this, but it's at least a solution to the problem, but not any sort of recompense.