Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: GoPro iOS app huge cellular data usage

[ New ]

@royalridge52238 @sprinkles2020 @adeptrange024 @litusm2 @hardystoke72606 

Could share with me the OS that you are running.
Note that currently GoPro App requires at least iOS13.

Tourist

[ New ]

Morning,

I'm always up to date on IOS updates so would have been on 14.2.1 when this issue arose. Iphone 11

iOS 14.2.1
This update has no published CVE entries.
iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12, and iPhone 12 mini19 Nov 2020

Currently on 

iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3iPhone 6s and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation)

14 Dec 2020

Thanks for the help.  Bugs happen, just need to understand what happened to maintain trust.  Wouldn't want my photo collection to become public domain, although I doubt the society mags would be interested, my kids might be crushed with shame ;)

Tourist

[ New ]
Whatever was current at the time I posted, iOS 14+. You didn't tag me but I commented also that it sucked my entire allotment of cell data. Clearly there is a problem and we aren't all isolated incidents. I too afraid to even open the app up now and use it
Tourist

[ New ]

I am running iOS 14.2 on my iPhone 11 Pro.

Hiker

[ New ]

iOS 14.3

I'm always try to be the most updated possible of OS's versions

Tourist

[ New ]

Good Afternoon,

i just wanted to chime in here, so I can follow this thread for a solution. I used my GoPro Hero5 Black after several months of nonuse on 1/3/2020. I used my app to start/stop my recording as I was wearing the GoPro on my head for filming. After a few minutes of recording, i received a text from Verizon noting that I had used 50% of my data. A few minutes later, I got another text saying that I was down to 25%. I found this very weird. All of a sudden, I was down to 10%!!!! This all in a matter of 10 minutes. I immediately turned off cellular data on my iPhone for the GoPro app and it appears to have stopped all data usage.  

Here are my details...

- no GoPro subscription

- iPhone Xs on iOS 14.3

- GoPro app v7.3 (4421)

- I was recording in 4k 30fps at the time of this happening

- I did have 'Send Personalization Data' checked when this was happening (perhaps the issue????) - it is now unchecked

Thank you!

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Thank you for the detailed information, I've gathered all user feedback on this matter in a bug report for the team to investigate.
Will keep you posted.
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm glad to see that this issue has gained momentum and is being looked into. I join the other in their hope that GoPro will also provide feedback on the nature of the data being up or downloaded.