Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro iOS app huge cellular data usage

[ New ]

The only reply I've ever received from GoPro was that they are sorry and that I need to stop using the app and reload an updated version.  I'm still wondering what they are doing with the pics they stole from my phone of my children (because I feel certain they took more than they said they did!!).  I am most unsatisfied with how this has been handled.  It seems that ignoring the problem has been the path of least resistance for them.  Has anyone else gotten a more satisfactory response?

Tourist

Re: GoPro iOS app huge cellular data usage

[ New ]
It’s insane. Most people are probably lucky they have unlimited plans. But this month I got hit with $50 overages because that unexpected download. I’m sure others have tons more in charges that they don’t even realize were because of this insane app download. It’s also interesting that apple or At&T don’t have anything in place to throw up a warning flag when 10gb get used within an hour. Just wait until 5G. How much can you download then without someone noticing right away.