Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro iOS app huge cellular data usage

[ New ]
@haindash wrote:

Here's what was happening:

We learned that upon a new install, the GoPro App downloaded GoPro media from the GoPro Album located in the iOS Photos library - in the Cloud.

The 7.3.2 update removes this media migration step.

GoPro Support, 

THIS IS B$HIT.

First - If the app downloaded something why my storage has not moved a bit?

Second - why is my GoPro album in iOS Photos not cached now?

Third - my GoPro Album is 135MB not 19.5 GB! 

I am using Apple Dev Console now to inspect the logs on my phone and you better tell us the truth.

Tourist

[ New ]

Impossible. My albums are empty, except for 1 picture, as I never use the album function.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash  While I am pleased to hear that the problem was located and a patch is being provided (to those who are new), I would like to know:

1. what data GoPro uploaded from my phone,
  2. where the stolen data is currently being stored,
  3. and Go Pro's plan to wipe stolen my data from your cloud. 

At the time my data was stolen by GoPro, I had one tiny GoPro video (I had just gotten the camera and used it for the first time that day) so I feel certain that other non-Go Pro related files may have been uploaded.

I would also like to understand GoPro's plan to reimburse all of us who were impacted the $100s of dollars we are out.  I am now terrified to use my camera because I no longer trust you.

Tourist

[ New ]

This just happened to me today, on app version 7.3.2 with an empty go pro folder in my photos... 7GB gone!!!! I caught it before it wiped all my data.

What the hell are you people doing! This unacceptable joke of "sorry for the inconvenience" cannot be your official position. Surely you are not so insanely incompetent?

We have consumer protection laws in our country that I guarantee you are subject to. I'll be submitting a complaint asap.

You can't screw people over like this.

What used all that data?? Why is it STILL not fixed??

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @brendanray32

Did you have 7.3.1 on your phone before 7.3.2?
Or was it a clean install of 7.3.2? Only the clean install of 7.3.2 would stop the migration process.
But I know that you've mentioned your GoPro folder is empty...
Just trying to gather more info. Very sorry :(
Sightseer

[ New ]

😵😵😵 40gb without anything in the cloud 

IMG_1443.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro Support, you have to raise this issue with your Management and come out with statement on at least two topics:
- What data was uploaded and where?
- How do you compensate users (I paid 30 euro because of this!!!) 

Because you're pretending not to see this messages I will give you due date and I will fire the case for privacy leakage and also will send this whole thread to all tech new sites.