Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro iOS app huge cellular data usage

[ New ]

I would say it one more last time before I fire a case. I have all the logs from my phone. And my photos were uploaded to unknown destinations.

I will remind you about the EU Law.

EULaw.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
Had the app on my phone. Not used in over 2 years. Bought 2 reconditioned hero 7s. Re-installed the app on my phone (I now know is version 7.2). Within 3 days 113gb of data has been uploaded to go pro. No idea what this is. VERY WORRIED my personal photos of my family are now somewhere stored on a go pro server without my explicit permission. Money aside, this is a series breach of data. Go Pro, you customer service channels to discuss this are non existent. I require someone to contact me immediately to discuss this serious issue.
IMG_6657.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Do we know if this is all upload data, or is some of it download data to iphone? The reason i ask, my iPhone storage was completely used up at the same time my data usage was used up....all in the last 3 days of re-activating the go pro app (version 7.2)...

GoPro

[ New ]
@tfracing

Very sorry about this.
We made two fixes to prevent this from happening again, one in 7.3.2 update and one in 8.0
We've had no reports on this for users on 8.0 as I see that you are still on 7.2 sadly that's why you had this problem.

This was caused by the GoPro App downloading media from the GoPro Album located in the iOS Photos library - in the Cloud. The fix removes the media migration step. This is only GoPro media though.

Please update to the latest version of the app.
Thank you
Tourist

[ New ]

"This was caused by the GoPro App downloading media from the GoPro Album located in the iOS Photos library - in the Cloud. The fix removes the media migration step. This is only GoPro media though."

This is bull**bleep**, I have only 230 MB of videos in that Album but GoPro App UPLODAED 19.5 GB? And my photos were exactly 20 GB on my ALL albums on the phone. You need to tell us where are our PERSONAL photos and how you will COMPENSATE us? 

Tourist

[ New ]
I will need proof. You’ve breached serious data laws. Where can I see this photo library album? I don’t recall having 113gb of footage uploaded anywhere. My footage is my footage. I stored it locally on SD cards and private folders on my laptop.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Ive checked, i don't have a GoPro Album in the cloud

Tourist

[ New ]
Has anyone had an official reply from GoPro and explanation as to what information was taken? Is everyone satisfied with what they’ve been told? I sent an email in to GoPro support as instructed by GoPro in this topic thread and had no response at all. This was 3 weeks ago...

My question was similar - what exactly was taken from my device to the amount of 113Gb of data. At the point of it being taken I didn’t have a GoPro album on my device, so that explanation by GoPro doesn’t make any sense. I asked for more clarity on what they mean, and I’ve had nothing back...