Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro iOS app huge cellular data usage

[ New ]

Hi @haindash 

I can't remember but I doubt I had any prvious versions on this phone. Only on my old phone.

And even if I did originally have the 7.3.1 version on this phone, the'migration process' has never happened before?

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, but since the 'official' reason makes no sense, I'm starting to worry about what data was transferred. I don't know how to check, but somebody else will...

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same thing hapend to me. 10 GB gone in minutes after installiiing the app and blocked by my phone provider.

I installed the app juas a week ago.

Any way to repport the app to Apple? If a lot do that, and maybe GoPro will listen op complatins from them? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @mortent0405

Were you able to go through the information shared above?

Do you already have the 7.3.2 version installed?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

@aragon1006  Yes I have 7.3.2.

What information? I have not read all the 11 pages of posts.

I have now turned off celllar data for the GoPro app.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @mortent0405

Sorry about that.

Did you do an update or a clean install of the app?

Are you still experiencing the issue after installing the newest version?

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

The first fix we made was on 7.3.2 but it required a clean install of the app (delete and install again) for it to work. 
Update 8.0 is also coming up with some more safeguards on this to avoid this situation.

Tourist

[ New ]
Installed fresh last weekend 7.3.2 on latest iOS and iPhone 12 Pro and it zapped 25GB on cellular. App had not been installed on this phone before. Just amazed that this is even possible without some kind of warning, even after months of knowing about the problem. And that AT&T and Apple both also wouldn’t have some warning is also surprising. It was About 15 GB in 15 minutes and then the next 10GB over the next 3 hours. What could this data possibly even be? Gopro album is empty, and I don’t have GoPro cloud. One strange thing is that grayed out check box under GoPro subscription shows that “mobile upload” is on. But since I don’t have subscription I can’t change that option.
Tourist

[ New ]

Honestly, at this point I'm quite reluctant to even use my GoPro cameras knowing that it will probably burn through my monthly data allowance in a matter of mintues. I'm pretty sure that's not why I bought them...

If what is stated above is correct, the problem seems far from being resolved.