Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro hero 7 black saving video with overlay help.

I’m using the GoPro app on a iPad to connect my GoPro hero 7 black to download video.

when I go to preview my video and add the Speedo overlay and map it shows, but when I go to download the video on my iPad this doesn’t save.

i have done this about 2 weeks ago and the setting haven’t changed so I just can’t understand why this isn’t working.

can someone please help

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro hero 7 black saving video with overlay help.

Hello @fireywater7365. Does it matter whether videos are imported to the device or not? Is it only on the iPad that the GPS stickers are not saved? Have you tried the same thing on a different device? See as well if there was any error message that pops up when attempting to save the edited video. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, thanks for your reply.

yes I need the videos to be imported to create a video, I’ve tried on another device and it adds it on the preview but won’t save it with the speedo on. No there isn’t any error message or anything, It has saved them before so could it be a setting as I had to remove the battery as it crashed and the gos is switched on,

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fireywater7365

Try saving the file to your device first  and then add the GPS sticker/s.

See if this works.

I just tested this with an iPhone8 and it worked.

Thanks!

Ej